If you are into the printing business and want to speed up your printing process without putting the environment in danger, UV printing is your best friend. In fact, UV printers might just be the future of printing for their top-notch, eco-friendly, high-speed printing.
Now, Mimaki machines are incredibly popular worldwide for their UCVJ300 UV printer series. They are amazing! You can get your hands on this excellent printer series from Signmaster.
So, in this article, we will discuss how this top-rated printer enhances your printing capabilities. But before getting started, let’s understand how UV printing works and how it is better than conventional printing.
How does UV printing work?
UV printing has truly revolutionized printing technology!
Up until a few years ago, your color choices for printing ink were restricted to the primary colors – red, green, yellow, blue, and orange. Thanks to UV printers that is no longer the case now.
With the advent of UV inks, you can get a highly vivid print quality that looks great and lasts much longer. This brings us to the next question.
What is the difference between normal printing ink and UV ink?
Standard printing inks are either water or solvent-based. They are allowed to dry naturally or processed using a special system that evaporates some of the ink. To protect the color achieved and enhance its longevity, a protective transparent coating is also usually added on top of it.
Whereas UV inks are cured using a focused beam of UV light. They are more viscous than ordinary printing inks. And that explains why UV inks can help you achieve crisper print quality and less color bleed.
The best part of UV links is that they save a lot of time, effort, and resources since they do not dry without being exposed to UV light. In the case of ordinary inks, there is more wastage of materials.
Since the curing process of regular ink results in the loss of some color, a considerable amount of ink gets wasted.
What are the benefits of UV printing?
UV ink lasts longer and provides many other benefits, such as:
- a great glossy effect with the high-shine ink
- Is super-resistant to light and constant abrasion
- Resistant to harsh solvents and chemicals
- Has a high density, unlike solvent-based inks
- Provides cohesive color pay-off
- Looks like a uniform sheet of tinted plastic
- They release no VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) in the environment as they cure instantly
- Quick drying, when exposed to UV light, speeds up the go-to-market process of your products
- Easier to work with plastic and other material that are not friendly with ordinary printing ink
- The prints are smudge-resistant
- Sharper images can create better labels and packaging improving the aesthetics and marketing of your product
- It can smoothly print on an extensive range of materials such as wood, glass, canvas, metal, leather, and ceramic
How do you improve your printing with the Mimaki UCJV300 UV Printer?
The Mimaki UCJV300 UV Printer has remarkable, one-of-a-kind features. You can print high-quality, bespoke graphics with:
- The capability to print up to five layers in a single feed
- Two print heads
- A gloss ink option
- One opaque ink option and more
Here’s how the Mimaki UCJV300 Printer Enhances the printing capabilities
- The printers in the UCJV300UV series are multipurpose, powerful inkjet printers that can both print and cut using UV-curable inks. The printers also feature a 4-layer/5-layer print, apart from UV LED print and cut functions.
- You can effortlessly create premium-quality prints with shorter turnaround times. And you can even build huge banners or hoardings with life-like prints to have a significant competitive edge.
- The top-of-the-line model can print a massive area of around 195 square feet. All thanks to the CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black) printing mode, which is the industry standard that helps with faster print times. Also, any HD image can be easily printed in four different color variants giving you the most brilliant-looking wallpapers and banners.
- The series also features a 7-color printing mode. This allows you to have greater flexibility in terms of color schemes for adding more definition and vibrancy to your images.
- The versatile UV-curable links are compatible with a wide range of materials and textures, giving you a lot of options to visibly perk up the look and feel of the graphics.
- With the UCJV300 printers, you have immense flexibility to print and cut or vice-versa. This helps you schedule printing and cutting according to your needs, as you do not need to follow a specific order. Creating special effects by making beautiful backlit panels with shifting color schemes depending on the light source – is one of the most important benefits of UCJV300 printers.
- One of the many reasons why these printers produce images with the highest quality is because of their GREENGUARD Gold-certified inks manufactured in-house. LUS-200 and LUS-175 are well-known for their exceptional durability and adherence to environmental protection guidelines. These inks not only look more realistic but also do not emit hazardous substances into the air. Also, they are employee-friendly and cause less indoor pollution.
So, Mimaki UCJV300 UV printers can give a significant boost to your printing and packaging business. In a nutshell, you should get it today to reap the following benefits:
- Quick drying and super-vibrant printing due to high ink density
- Covers a wide spectrum of materials and applications such as fabric, PVC, PET film, paper print like Japanese paper, Shoji, etc
- Printing letters on wallpapers with dark colors and different patterns
- New, environmentally friendly inks are used so the products can be used in schools and hospitals
- LUS-200 ink has 200% stretchability post drying, so the ink remains intact even if the materials or surfaces are bent, folded, or stretched